A foreign student of Kemerovo State Medical University (hereinafter referred to as the KemSMU) is warned about the danger of staying out of their place of residence at night (KemSMU hostel) and the need to comply with the migration legislation of the Russian Federation (hereinafter referred to as the RF).
- When entering the RF, a foreign student who does not live in the KemSMU dormitory is obliged to register at the place of stay (within 7 days) and to notify the faculty’s dean's office within 1 day from the time of registration, providing a copy of the tear-off notification form or other document confirming registration at the place of stay.
- The night stay outside the dormitory of KemSMU is not safe. Administration of KemSMU is not responsible for the life and health of a foreign student who lives in the KemSMU dormitory staying at night outside the dormitory;
- When entering the RF, a foreign citizen who lives in the KemSMU dormitory is obliged to submit the documents to the KemSMU migration registration specialist within 2 days from crossing the border of the RF for registering at the place of stay.
- A foreign student is obliged to have a passport, migration card, tear-off receipt of the notification form, study visa (for students from countries with a visa regime).
- If it is necessary to leave the territory of the RF/Kemerovo or to change the place of stay (holidays, excursions, etc.), a foreign student who lives in the dormitory is obliged to notify the hostel’s commandant and the migration registration specialist three days before by filing an application indicating the reason for departure and period of absence.
- A foreign student who lives in the KemSMU dormitory, when hospitalized or checked into a hotel, is automatically deregistered from the dormitory, therefore upon arrival he/she is obliged to notify the migration registration specialist for one working day upon arrival the KemSMU dormitory, for re-registration at the place of stay.
- A foreign student whose external passport is expiring is obliged renew or replace it in advance, and provide a copy of the new passport to the employee of the dean's office, to the academic office, and to the migration registration specialist within 1 working day, for re-registration at the place of stay.
- A foreign student who has individually obtained a temporary or permanent residence permit is obliged to notify the dean's office and the migration registration specialist, for re-registration at the place of stay in the KemSMU dormitory.
- A foreign student must, within one working day, notify the dean's office and the migration registration specialist about a change in citizenship, place of stay, personal data (last name, first name, patronymic, etc.) and provide copies of supporting documents.
- In case of expulsion (for any reason), graduation, when granting academic leave, a foreign student must leave Russia within three days from the date of issuance of the order, unless otherwise provided by law of the Russian Federation.
- When evicting from the dormitory, a foreign student must independently contact the territorial migration authority of the Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia within seven working days to extend the period of stay at the new address.
Students are also explained that the following sanctions can be applied for violation of the Rules for the stay of foreign citizens in the RF in accordance with the Administrative Violations Code:
- to a foreign student – a fine of 2,000 to 7,000 rubles, with or without deportation from the RF;
- in the case of violations students are evicted from the KemSMU dormitory